Web Resources :: Iceland architects
- Iceland - Studio Granda Architects, Bernard Engle Architects - Iceland - A tour through the philosophical and built landscape with these talented, awarding winning architects. Iceland location influences work. - Architecture, planning
- Iceland ArchDaily - Architects PK Arkitektar Location Reykjav k, Iceland Design Team P lmar Kristmundsson and Bj rn Skaptason Consultants Fjarhitun Engineers
- Pylon Figures, Images, Iceland Building, Pylon Figures Iceland - Pylon Figures, Images, Iceland Building, Pylon Figures Iceland, Choi Shine, Architects - submitted for Unbuilt Architecture Award Iceland Architecture, Design
- Prefab Summerhouses by Glama-Kim Architects in Iceland - Glama-Kim Architect was design prefabricated houses located in Stykkish lmur, Western part of Iceland. The building is pre-fabricated in two parts off site in a shipbuilders yard
Digg.com Items :: Iceland architects
- After the Gold Rush - 2009-03-11 - When banks in Iceland filed for bankruptcy in October and credit lines dried up, Iceland?s building industry went into a tailspin Contractors halted construction, developers cancelled new projects, and thousands of foreign construction workers left the country almost immediately.Next to fall victim were architects.
- LAND OF GIANTS u2013 Choi and Shine Architects Archiblock.com - 2010-09-04 - This design transforms mundane electrical pylons into statues on the Icelandic landscape. Este dise u00f1o se transforma mundanas torres de alta tensi u00f3n en
- Land of the Giants in Iceland Towers wires carrying electricity to the Giants! - 2010-09-10 - Most of us are used to image high-tension towers that appear with minor differences in the same boring character wherever we went, but you really must be electricity pylons in the same way always?Office Architects, and Shane Shui another view Finest architects in the Choi and Shane this great idea for HV Towers look like human figures, as if the giants are the people who hold the power cords!!This idea has been designed for the distinctive design competition high-voltage towers in Iceland, so the purpose of this idea to make the high-voltage towers in harmony with the environment around a unique way.Sweet idea is that these giants are changing their situation and come individually or in pairs according to the environment and the place where they are, according to the number and carry wire to board the tower, so designed Choi and Shane over the status of those towers as you see in this picture Can lie down on his knees or sometimes stand tall or sometimes with his hands up if the pregnancy is large or giant with another charged with wire, and in the end is just electricity pylons!!It is worth mentioning that this design did not receive any center in the contest, but he received an appreciation awardFor further technical details about the project Click here
- Iceland?s Gorgeous Passive Solar Hof House - 2009-02-12 - Deep in the northern chill of Iceland, just outside the arctic circle, the Hof House sits snugly within its landscape. Built on an existing estate, the architects salvaged whatever materials possible from the site to be incorporated into the new residence, converting telegraph poles into a sun screen and basalt pillars into stepping stones.